The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

you've been warned

So, if you have an aversion to anything mildly weird or gross, you might want to skip today's post. You've been warned. This is a surefire post to make Jessica's filter close down my website!! (ok people, it really isn't that bad!) But it is LONG...and I mean LOOOOONG.....

I was at work today, talking to Alicia when I should have been working (I mean, I WAS working but I was also talking to Alicia. At the same time. I'm a fabulous multi-tasker). I was commenting on her new blog Tales from the Ozark that I may or may not have influenced her to write (it is all me, totally and completely all me...I have no ego about it either.) and she was mentioning that she and her cute boyfriend Adam spent their first day of Spring Break at the zoo together on Monday. Now the Chattanooga Zoo isn't that great if you are looking for lots of exotic animals and I hear that they don't even have a giraffe (the only reason I go to zoos honestly) but it is supposed to be a nice, well-maintained establishment. So they went to the zoo, ate dinner with Alicia's family, during which her father apparently said, in front of everyone (including the cute boyfriend)...let me see if I get this right..."You know you aren't supposed to go to the zoo when you are on your menstural cycle right". Now, I'm not saying she was (that would be a weird and creepy thing for me to know) but I have a couple of issues.
First, her dad totally brought it up during dinner. Awesome.
Second, apparently everyone knew this fact but me.
Third, what the heck? Are you serious?
I mean, I know you aren't supposed to get in the ocean because the sharks can track some crazy about like one drop of blood in thousands of gallons of water but WHAAAT?!? I don't even know what to say. Apparently, the animals can either sense you or smell you out and it makes them act weird. And by weird I mean possibly violent. Not that they will seek you out to attack from within their cages or anything but let's say an annoying group of third graders had tromped past the gorilla cage a few minutes earlier and banged on the glass amidst threats from their teachers and the tour guide to "stop that now!" and really made Mr. Gorilla Face mad and you were the next thing that walked by with your cute boyfriend...who would they choose? YOU!

This information not based on personal experience (oo...now that would be weird) but please...for my three blog readers...if you can find information on whether or not this is true or something the Myth Busters should investigate, please let me know! I was thinking of going to the zoo and I really need to know if I should do a lot more planning than I originally thought.

On a less strange note...work was good. As an update, yesterday's doctor visit went well. I told him all about the headaches and he says that is typical migraine symptoms. He said you can either treat them when they happen or treat them before they happen and he wants to try the latter first. He believes that it is possible to "break the cycle" of these headaches and I stressed to him my feelings about NOT wanting to have to take a pill every day for something I only experience maybe once a week. So, we settled on trying this "preventative" medicine for about six months to see if we can reduce the frequency and strength of the headaches, then giving me the ability to just treat them when I feel them coming on instead of taking something every day. He also suggested that I take Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) so I got myself a B Complex Vitamin at Walgreens (I couldn't find one that was just B2, only 1, 6, and 12 which is said was probably going to be a problem unless I went to a specialty health store or something...and hello, no clue where one of those might be). I am taking that and supposedly it will also help with energy and metabolism. I'll take that. His suggestion and prescription for not sleeping very well was "get more exercise and come back in 6 months". He understands that 8 hours on your feet is hinderance enough to wanting to go to the gym but I think I am going to finally join the YMCA and atleast get some swimming in. Great cardio and good on a couple of muscle groups. I am thinking that on the days I have to work and be on my feet that swimming will be all I will do, in am effort to go easy on my tired tootsies and then on my off days I could do some elliptical and weights when my feet don't hurt as badly. Well laid plans....
Going to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this. it totally was akward. can't beleive my daddy said that at dinner. what's worse was it wasn't even weird, how super sad is that. i'm still researching on the topic though, so we'll see what i come up with :]

Danielle said...

never heard such a thing.