The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

the giving

I have decided (after much thought and a tiny bit of research to determine if my musings were correct) that peace is not earned. Strange way to start huh? I don't think peace is a thing that can be earned. Now, let me be clear, I am not talking about "world peace" or the lack of violence. ("Peace is not the absence of war..."~ don't know who wrote it, could Google it but busy blogging at the moment!) I am talking about the "feeling" of peace in a more spiritual sense. In the Bible, there are references to God giving or granting peace.
I believe it.
We can't earn it. Our circumstances do not determine it.
Today I felt a much more overwhelming sense of peace than I have in a while. I think God knows that I am #1) nearing my breaking point and #2)that I finally understand that it is OK to feel uncertainty about my future/current life as long as I am willing to let Him just lead and guide as he chooses.
I truly spent most of my day in prayer today, while at work and doing life.
I didn't get any big revelations, sorry to disappoint (OK, maybe it was just me that was a little disappointed) but even through the craziness that is a Saturday at HL, I felt peace. I felt good knowing that He alone holds my future in His capable hands.

On a completely unrelated and less serious note...I am debating, and debating with myself about the pillows for my non-existant patio chairs. I had some fabric, a remnant, the same one you saw a few days ago when I made tie-backs for the curtains. I think I had enough for the seat cushions but the more I thought about it I decided that it is such a dark fabric and I would have had to make the back cushions out of a solid dark brown fabric to get something that I thought matched. So I scrapped the fabric all together and bought two semi-matching retro-ish, bright and springy, fabrics tonight at work to make pillows with. I will post pics soon as I get to making them. Bought velcro to close one side up with so that I can take off the covers and wash them should they get dirty being outside. I can't wait to actually get the chairs built so I can put my unmade pillows on my unmade chairs. Oh dear. Projects, projects.

Plans for tomorrow:
-Sleep in
-Play with dog (play meaning work on training commands at the park hopefully)
-Clean up kitchen (ew, its a pitiful mess)
-Work in closet to arrange and put clothes where they belong
-Snuggle with husband before he goes to work
-Plant bulbs in backyard
-Make four pillows
-Love on husband when he gets home from work

Did I mention that I really, really like my husband? Or that I am especially thankful for him? Cause if you want me to, I will shout it from the rooftop.
What was that? Oh. You want me to contain myself.
Sorry. I get carried away sometimes.

0 comments: