The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

its a birthday!

Ok, not today. Not even tomorrow.
Chad's birthday is at the end of this month and I am already struggling with what to do for him/make for him/get him.
I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and I think he wants a cookie cake like he made me for my birthday back in October (oh wow, I blogged about that). The only problem is...he made that cake. And somehow didn't follow the instructions. And it was fabulous. And he has no idea what he did wrong but it turned out just oh-so-good that I might ask him to repeat the instructions and see what happens. Ever been asked to make your own birthday cake? No? Oh...that is sorta lame huh?
I am about to call the hair salon and ask if they can fit me in today. I am just gonna do it. I want longer-ish hair for Dani's wedding so the way I see it is, if they do something I hate, I have around 6 months to let it grow out into something that I can work with. I always regret it because I really do like long hair but I seriously think it is time. I am just gonna tell the girl - "don't make me hate it" and we should be ok. She really is great. I go to Salon Haven in Red Bank and I would link to their website but the only think I could find is a MySpace page that hasn't been updated in forever so I think I will decline.
Obviously off work today...Chad asked me to do something and I can't remember what it was. I am gonna clean up a bit...I vaccumed and did windows before I left for work yesterday and picked up all the fluff that Gwendolen had pulled out of her pink dog toy but this morning there is just more. She is digging for the little plastic thing that makes it squeak. When she finally gets it out, I almost feel like she is going to get up on her hind legs and do the "Rocky" dance, paws over her head. But then we take it from her immediately so she doesn't choke on it. Evil parents we are.
Oh yeah, he asked me to file the taxes online. Whoohoo...

1 comments:

Danielle said...

5 months and 12 days to be exact. just saying.