The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

good evening

Tonight I came home from work and it was still light and lovely outside so I had a sit in my chair and watched these two play for a while.

It was so nice...Chad had the windows open and the radio tuned to NPR (my sister would be proud). Always so informative....and interesting. I made dinner...chili dogs, cole (or is it cold?) slaw, and tots. Yum. Then Chad and I went to a meeting for the East Ridge Youth Foundation. He worked with them last summer and he is on their board for this summer. I wasn't invited or better phrased, had no need to be there, except that Chad asked me to go and while I had plenty to do at home, I chose to hang out with him (I'm pretty sure that is a run-on sentence. Sorry blog world. I choose incorrect English these days but only because I have a professional writing minor and feel I am justified.)

Came home tonight and worked on these. Hobby Lobby finally put their remaining home accents clearance stuff at 90% off the original price. Most of the stuff I was eyeing has already sold (I told myself "Self, if it is still here when this stuff goes 90% off, it was meant to be. But you have fabulous taste and it probably won't be because everyone else will like it too!".) There were VERY few things left that were worth having (don't tell that to the people who were taking it out by the buggy full...no exaggeration) but I've been looking at these crazy black wooden candle sticks, knowing they had some potential. I know they look giant judging by the shadow on the fridge but they are only like 18 inches tall...sorry for the slight of hand.

I am painting them white first because the black will be hard to cover...




and then I am giving them a little green apple treatment. I actually thought the color would be a little darker but it is pretty green and a little metallic (that part was intentional). I am not sure about the color but it is growing on me. I started painting the green tonight but didn't finish. Project for tomorrow morning. I did get some pretty creamy colored candles to go with them so maybe it will tone down the green a bit.

These are to go on both sides of our fireplace. It needs a little funk. I think they might look a little short so I might have to stack them on piles of funky books or something. We'll have to see...work in progress! Will show pictures as it happens.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

that shadow is crazy... haha GIGANTIC candle holders!! hahah... you are so crafty! love it!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you. Not just for listening to NPR.

Anonymous said...

love it. whoever picked those out has awesome taste. oh wait...