The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

and quiet mornings

Chad got home about 1am and had to leave again just before 6am. This is the guy who is most content when he get like 9 or 10 hours of sleep so I know he is struggling today. They sent them home last night because the fire was under control and mostly out but not completely so they had to go back this morning. We did have plans that he could take the morning off and go in late and this be able to hang out with me for a bit after my doctor's appt. No luck on that one. He was gone when I went to bed and gone again when I got up.

Please join me in little prayers today...pray for his safety and the safety of the men around him. Carelessness becomes an issue when they are all running on too little sleep and bordering on exhaustion and that is when people get hurt. Pray that he will be able to get a couple of good night's sleep very, very soon. Pray that he won't get frustrated with the people he is working with and instead will keep a positive attitude and that they will all come home safely to the people that love them tonight.

He was supposed to stay late tonight to go help at some meeting but he is hoping (and I am joining him in this one!) that he can get out of it and come home and relax and sleep.

Gonna go feed and walk the dog and then head to the Dr. Feel like I am getting a headache (maybe in honor of the trip to the doc's office...just because!) so I already took medicine. I sure part of it is worry and stress. Update: Gwen is sitting with me on the couch and she has the hiccups. It's pretty funny.


"This God who is holy, perfect in beauty, awesome in glory, is ravished by MY heart...I can't understand this work of grace, how a perfect God would come and take my place. The stars, they don't move you. The waves can't undo you. The mountains in their splendor, they can not steal your heart. This God who is holy, pefect in beauty, awesome in glory, is ravished by MY heart."

2 comments:

BParrish said...

"This God who is holy, perfect in beauty, awesome in glory, is ravished by MY heart...I can't understand this work of grace, how a perfect God would come and take my place. The stars, they don't move you. The waves can't undo you. The mountains in their splendor, they can not steal your heart. This God who is holy, pefect in beauty, awesome in glory, is ravished by MY heart."

Beautiful.

PSIrwin said...

its a song that I learned in India and I LOVE....LOVE.