The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

still thankful

I have to close at HL today and because of our unseasonably warm weather Chad has to work today AND tomorrow, our Sunday to hang out. We are hoping that we might get some of the rain they have been promising so maybe he won't have to go in tomorrow. If the "man level" is low enough, they can all just stay by their cell phones and jump if they get a call. But, it is so high right now that they are on a "full staff" at the forestry office so everyone had to go in this afternoon and just sit around and wait for a call. Oh well...so much for Sunday plans.

I am leaving early enough to run by the recycling center and drop off about 100 pounds of stuff (seriously, that's no exaggeration...I had to make three trips to the car!) that Chad's mom cleaned out of the closet this past week when she came over to work. It is all just paper basically, things that Aunt Mary had kept over the years. We did, however, come across a box full of letters that dates to the Civil War, all in printed handwriting and carefully wrapped. From reading a few, it appears they are to/from family and some of them even love letters. How exciting. She is going to pass them along to someone who might know more than us about family history, Civil War history, etc. It should be interesting to see what they are all about...cool family history though!


I am living in this strange place where the deep stirrings in my heart seem to be taking over my thoughts every day. I am so sure of the constant tug on my soul that I am designed to be doing something different than what I am doing at the moment; I am so thankful for so many things but I am having trouble living in my thankfulness, living immersing myself in the Living Water and allowing it to just soothe my soul. Oh, but how my heart has already been set free...
I know it is unusual for me to share this particular side of my heart publically but I just feel like it is the right thing to say right now.

0 comments: