The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, March 23, 2009

late night

Chad got home at 2 am.
No lie.
I finished my purse and took and shower and went to bed about twelve thirty, trying to wait up on him but falling asleep instead. I woke up at 2 am, on the dot and he wasn't home so I panicked....just a tiny bit. I had talked to him at midnight before I went to sleep and he was supposed to be on the way so I called him. Apparently he had to drive all the way back to the original fire, 45 minutes away, because some people had left their vehicles there instead of taking them to the second fire. Brilliant I say. So he finally got home at 2 and is still sleeping peacefully as I write this. (Maybe...I can hear the dog running around.). He has to work late AGAIN tonight for some meeting or something....he explained something about the doors lock automatically where the meeting is being held and he doesn't have to go to the meeting but instead stand there and open the doors or something. Stupidest thing I have ever heard of.
I gotta open the store so I should be home by six, awaiting his arrival to make him dinner.

I am saying little prayers of thanks for his safety last night, driving and fire fighting in the dark.

0 comments: