The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Friday, March 6, 2009

many thanks

Ozob...thank you for the encouragment.
The things we know best in our hearts we sometimes need to be reminded of in our heads.

Nothing happened to make me want to leave HL and I know that I am definately there for a specific season of my life. I just have started to feel a sense of unsettling, like it is time to begin the search to move on. Now this search, in the current job market, may take a year or more so I am not itching to move any time soon but I just know that I am being called to something else. But, while I am there, I will continue to trust that my life is having "ripples" and that God is working in ways that I can not understand.

In other news...I finally got up in time to do my own hair this morning and I am still thinking positive thoughts about the haircut. After yesterday's super perky ponytail, I was having my doubts but I am pretty sure that I like it. It only took me about 30 minutes to straighten and fix it, though I haven't tried the curling thing yet so I might try that later and I will let you know how that works out...

Still wondering about Chad's impending birthday....you guys haven't helped! I know my three readers have cute and crafty ideas!

Opened the store yesterday and today so it means I got to spend last night and will get to spend tonight with my sweetie. I brought home dinner last night but tonight I think I am gonna do an all vegitarian meal. Steamed brocoli (one of the few greens my super-healthy husband will eat...how weird), some breaded yellow squash, wild rice or couscous, and maybe a salad. I like veggies!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

gift ideas: a hodge podged box to keep special things in. no really. like things from your life together. tickets, notes, letters, funny mementos, special papers etc. hodge podge a cool picture frame. make him a lil book like 100 reasons why i love you. make him a belt.?! take him hiking somewhere. (new if you can). make a picnic lunch that you eat on said hike. make him a blanket. paint a picture.

ok. thats all.

gosh my mom is good. dannng.

love you & am right there with you!

Anonymous said...

i really like the 100 reasons why i love you thing. i don' know chad all that well, but i did it for adam (who's totally not emotional), and he really liked it. i know where you can find some cute ribbon to tie it together with!!! haha.