The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Friday, March 20, 2009

oh the days

I'm off today. Thriller (and not the Michael Jackson kind!).
I have big plans of what I am going to get done so let's see how much of it actually gets accomplished. I might even take some before and after pictures and see how it goes.

1. The closet in our bedroom needs some work (mostly in my area now!) and I have four loads of laundry to fold and put away so that's all one task.
2. Clean the bathrooms (sadly, there are still four of them...)
3. Clean up the kitchen (includes emptying the dish washer and cleaning off the counters and if I am lucky, doing the floors too. Hardwood floors are great if you don't actually have to walk on them or have a dog.)
4. Work on a little surprise craft project. I bought a book with some patterns for purses/wallets/bags and I am hoping to use some cute left over fabric and see what I can do.

We had talked about going up to Signal Mtn. tonight with Boss B and Wife L to this "Mountain Opry" thing, mostly bluegrass music but when I got home last night and Chad said "Let's just stay home and hang out. I haven't gotten to see you all week.", I was so won over that mountain opry slipped quitely out of my mind. So home tonight it is! and I asked what he wanted for dinner and his request was home made pizza (we do that one atleast once a week). We tried the dough mix and can't ever get it right...too "doughy" tasting or dry and flat. We switched to the cold, canned dough that you can buy in the refridgerated section with the biscuits and stuff and have made great pizzas ever since. His half has just cheese and pepperoni on it and I tend to load up my half with fresh veggies. Last time I did sliced tomatoes, onions, blue cheese, and pineapple. I know, sounds gross but it is so easy. We use spaghetti sauce because it is cheaper and one jar makes around four pizzas, plus spaghetti one night! So pizza it is...

2 comments:

Emily Geyer said...

we love making home made pizza! david (the cook at our house) loves the frozen dough that you let sit out all day so it can rise. It's fun to watch, but they only sell it at Bi-Lo (not walmart). It's way better than the jiffy in a box (though that junk's cheap!). So... since we live in the same town and both love homemade pizza... WE SHOULD HANG OUT. Seriously. It's getting ridiculous! Since I've already written a book as a comment, I guess I'll go ahead and suggest a date. We are going to be out of town/have guests in town from now until the end of April (ridiculous) and our M, T & W nights are all booked every week. SO, we're looking at Thursdays. How's April 2?

PSIrwin said...

I will look at the calendar and let you know. sounds ok as long as I am not working that night, which I won't know yet!