The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

check us out

Sorry I did not take pictures at the Mary Kay thing. It really wasn't so bad. The consultant that invited me is a super sweet lady that I met one day in Hobby Lobby and I told her I would go to this "Muffins and Makeovers" thing on Saturday morning last month but I ended up having to work that Saturday so I agreed to the next one when I didn't have to work. Alicia and I had fun giggling at the overly perky Mary Kay ladies and I ordered some eyeshadow. I was running out of my basic neutral colors anyway and they are pretty reasonably priced. They have a mineral foundation now and since I am a Bare Minerals user I thought that the mineral eye makeup should go pretty well with the little makeup that I already wear.

In other, MUCH more exciting news, we (Chad and I) spent about a thousand hours (ok it was really only about nine hours but literally 9 hours...) with Boss B and wife L yesterday working on the chairs! We finished one chair and then took it apart to do some little detail work and use some of the pieces for a pattern for the second chair. We made some modifications to the chairs he already has...first one was because my legs are so long, the last rung in the seat of the chair hit me in a really uncomfortable place on the back of my thigh. Second, I wanted the tops of mine rounded off a little bit. His are basically just two different heights...a taller one in the center and matching shorter ones on the sides. I wanted mine to look like more traditional style adirondacks...I took a bunch of pictures (and so did Chad) so I will try to post some tonight when we finish. We are actually headed back over there in a few minutes to finish the other chair and two foot stools...they look awesome. I am so super excited to finally have them in progress and almost finished. Now I can pray for warmer weather so I can sit in them on the back patio!

1 comments:

Danielle said...

ammmazing. i think ill have to order some after you finish these. ...no really. ill be your first customer.