The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Friday, September 25, 2009

weird.

Something weird is going on with Blogger...
when I added pictures to the last post, with the intention to explain what each was and organize them in a logical manner, it put all of them in there in computer language but when I hit "publish" it is ok.
I couldn't organize them, move them, give them captions, etc...it was all just written in computer language. Words but no pictures so I guess I will explain what they are...
Picture 1: It is a piece of "art" I made to hang above my shelves that I reclaimed from our closet. Chad cleaned them off recently. Again...free art! I covered a canvas in plain green fabric and pinned these three vintage brooches (that I bought a while back to put on purses that never got made...one day!)on some ribbons and stapled them to the top of the canvas. So this one sits on top of the shelves...you'll see it later next to a picture of Chad and I. One of my favorites.
Picture 2: My paper covered jars, idea thanks to Dani! I put all my markers, paintbrushes, and colored pencils in jars and then covered them with funky paper I had in my card making stuff/paper fans project left overs. So they are cute and add a little color to the shelves. On the top shelf is two boxes of jewelry/bead stuff and on the second one is a basket I had laying around upstairs that now houses all my paint!
Picture 3: More of the paint basket. The bottom shelf is a three drawer organizer I already had that has paper and glues for card making. The boxes to the left are paper punches and more stuff for card making. I still have a whole tool box (like full size tool box, for real.) of stamps and stamp pads that will probably live under the edge of the sewing machine table (which I will show you later. still a mess!)
Picture 4: A farther back picture of the top half of the shelves. You can see the "brooch art" and top shelf. On the right are all the sewing supplies (thread box, etc...all pretty much passed down from my mom. She's awesome.) On the left is ribbon tied packages of complete projects ready to put together. A messenger bag for my sister (so no, sorry Sis, I haven't started it yet. I will...soon. Really.) A laptop sleeve for myself. And a Christmas present for my sis (not the bag. that would be lame of me.) That's why you don't get a close up of this one.
Picture 5: The before picture of this corner. I know, it should have been first. Sorry. Sorta anti-climatic now.
Picture 6: A close up of the fabric on the two panels on the other wall that I did last night.
Picture 7: The two panels from last night's post hung together. They are in the opposite corner from my new/old shelves but have the same green color in them as the brooch art piece. I actually bought the fabric to go together at one point.

So that is all so far...sorry about all the scrolling up and down I know/hope you are doing right now! I love you even more now...

0 comments: