The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, September 21, 2009

by request.

By special request of my mom, I guess I will give you guys a post.
She said I must have had such a nice weekend that I didn't have time to post but in truth, I had time and chose not to post. I decided that my time with Chad is so limited and precious that I would spend the whole day Sunday just hanging out with him and enjoying his company.
Which I did.
We drove around town and looked at some houses that we saw online and thought we liked (no, we are buying soon just getting an idea of what's available and price ranges). Some we marked off the list as soon as we drove up (the words "as is" in the description should have given us a clue. And who paves their whole front yard!?). We ate good Japanese food, watched far too much TV (but I do love NCIS!) and just veggged out in general. Chad got a ton of stuff done around the house while I was at work on Friday and Saturday - he is always embarrasingly productive on his days off while I tend to do a load of dishes, read a good book , and call it a day. He's wonderful.
It has been raining for days here...I mean days. I am watching Gwendolen and Wooby drive each other crazy and even though they aren't outside animals they seem to have a little cabin fever - maybe there just hasn't been enough sunshine but they are either sleeping or chasing each other around in circles. We need the rain but our yard is becoming a swamp and the ditch beside our road could probably be used to go kayaking. Are those class 2 rapids or class 3?
Both my parents have birthday's coming up in the next week (don't tell that I told you) and my mom actually gets to do something cool for hers...well actually, it isn't for her birthday and it actually falls on my dad's birthday I think but still...it's cool. She is going on the Honor Flight to Washington D.C. with a veteran from our hometown. Basically, a bunch of veterans and their children (or someone else's children, or cousins, or nieces, etc. Family in general.) spend the day - leave in the AM and be back that night - and fly to D.C. and tour all the major memorials, see the changing of the guard at Arlington, cry together, laugh together, tell stories to each other, and remember people they loved and some they lost. I am so excited that she will get to go - her travel buddy is a 93-year old gentleman from my hometown so I think she will have a great day, both of them honoring someone else or each other. So, have fun mom! She seems to be a regular frequent flier now that she is happily retired. I love you!
Not too much else to report this rainy morning...I am going to go fold the 3 loads of clothes that Chad washed over the weekend (he is wonderful but he thinks that is half the work. He thinks that sorting them and putting them in the washer then moving to the dryer is a lot of work so I should have to fold them. I told him I wanted to trade next time. I really dislike folding clothes. Ask my mom.)

0 comments: