The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, September 7, 2009

feels like...

After three hundred somehow feels like new territory...not too much is gonna change around here but it just feels a little different...like maybe I am somehow gonna stick this out a while.
We'll just have to see...

It has been an absolutely wonderful, fabuolouso weekend. Chad and I have just hung out around the clock, doing stuff we wanted to do, needed to do, and just did just because. We finished the strawberry jam (I ate some later after it being refridgerated for a while...you guys might not see any of that stuff. not because it is all that great but it is um...thick? I mean seriously unspreadable thick. What did we do wrong? It tastes great but is pretty much borderline concrete. Jam concrete. It's new!). We canned tomoatoes today...went well but I think we could have stuffed more in the jar. There is quite a bit of extra space now that they are finished....hm. Ponder that for next time.
We started sanding the adirondack chairs...now that the lovely pressure treated green color has been bleached out by a summer in the sun, we are sanding and sealing. Not changing the color with a stain but just giving them a little better waterproof defense against all the other weather they will encounter. We cleaned up in the kitchen something serious...moved stuff around, boxed up two full boxes (plus some) of wine glasses. No lie. And we don't even drink wine. Remember us? Stinky Sweet Brewery? Yes. We are beer folks. The kitchen looks amazing. I can actually see countertops everywhere and after moving stuff around in the entryway from the living room it looks so much more open and organized. I didn't get around to our closet and bedroom but I've enjoyed spending time with my husband which is far more important. Closets and folding clothes can wait...
Some interesting changes at work. I got pulled into the new manager's office on Friday before I left and we talked about some changes for me. Nothing bad but not going into specifics until it is finalized because he asked me not to and I don't really know who reads my blog. I do know that there is a new front end suprvisor (which is what I am...offically a "customer service manager"
so there will be some shifting around to accomodate old folks in new positions.) I will let you know as things progress....
Going to finish doing the dishes and cleaning off counters and then we are going out for dinner so we don't have to clean the kitchen again!
Happy Labor Day...I hope you all got to spend good quality time with your families like I did (minus a few folks but family none-the-less).

0 comments: