The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

nice try.

We had big plans for church this morning. We picked out a few new churches we wanted to try...we've enjoyed the church that Chad's parents go to but it is all the way across town and 40 minutes to get to church is a little much...time-wise and gas-wise. We decided on a few and have plans to give each a few weeks and then go back to the ones we liked the best. I am still so attached to the church I am a member of in Columbus that it will be hard to find one that I feel so comfortable in here. We are also open to suggestions. So that was the plan...was. In past tense.
Then a call came in about 1:30 this morning. It was Megan...she was out with friends and her car wouldn't start (poor thing...car trouble has been her middle name these past few months). She wasn't ready to come home yet so I told her not to drive home (if she could even get it to start...the headlights wouldn't come on!!) and to call me back and I would come get her. 4AM came and she was ready to come home...surrounded by people who were...having so much fun...that they could barely tell us how to get to where she was. Thank God for a GPS. So at 4:30 this morning Chad and I were driving downtown to find Megan and pick her up.
So, no we did not make it to church this morning.
Bummer.
We are going to try to get some stuff done around the house today, take the dog for a walk at the park (I think we are all suffering from cabin fever because of the rain), and get to the grocery store (two weeks later...there is no food in the house!) and then hopefully get to the service at Chad's parents church tonight...
Google Analytics appears to be up and running...fun! More information than I ever knew I could get on you, my readers. It's so interesting. I might spend more time reading about my stats than blogging now (kidding! I would never do that!)

0 comments: