The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

so far it's working...

Here's today's update for my part...Chad's will have to wait.
Work was great today. Even though the lead framer (and the only other person working today) was still home sick with a stomach thing (ew.) and I was there by myself from 9 tp 5, it went great. People were patient with me, I got everything done that needed to be done, and the customers were also really pleased with the work I did and things I finished up for them on the spot today. I am feeling a lot more confident after my day alone, knowing that I can handle it on my own when I have to. I had to text the other two girls a couple of times with questions (mostly about the mat cutting machine that is computer run and disagrees with me sometimes on the finer points of mat cutting!) and I was unsure of some measurements on one order so I got a second opinion but all together I think things went really well. Whew...sigh of relief. I know it all doesn't seem like that big a deal but feeling comfortable and confident is really important to the caliber of job I feel like I can do so it was a good day.
Chad, on the other hand...I don't think his was quite the 180 degree turn around that mine was. I talked to him on my way home and he was still at work and expected to be there a couple more hours. So much for pampering him with home cooked dinner and some NCIS...there was something about a double-wide trailer. I think they were helping to move said double wide but there is always the possibility that there is just a double wide in the road and he is stuck up on the mountain for a while!
More later I suppose...

0 comments: