The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

speedy.

A quick update...working today, off tomorrow, and work again Saturday.
I am ok with it since I will be off with Chad tomorrow and he will be teaching for the Red Cross on Saturday (he checked my schedule first to make sure it wouldn't be my Saturday off before he committed to it...what a sweet guy!). I am still in framing this week, I didn't run a register but a couple of times yesterday when they really needed me but I opened and put out ALL of the framing department's freight. It is a good way to learn where everything goes, what it looks like, and generally what we have available but I feel like I could be learning that stuff anytime. I really wanted to spend this week learning the basics of the department and as of right now I only know how to put a hanger and wire on the back of a picture frame (Although I did use the staple gun a couple of times yesterday...good times. Terrifying but fun. I will let you know when I hurt myself...). Hopefully today will be full of information and my brain can retain all of it! The two girls that already work there are so accustomed to not having to explain things as they do them (take orders, put together frames, etc) that I think it is a little hard for them to teach me how to do it. It is easier for them to just do it themselves but it doesn't help me learn how! I am working on reminding them that "um...can you explain that as you do it?". I am a visual learner so hopefully that will help...and me asking 1,001 questions.
Not too much going this weekend...A and I went out after work last night to celebrate her last day at the HobLob. It is a little bitter sweet but we will still hang out so it's ok.
Chad and I have big plans to do a lot of nothing tomorrow (and by nothing I mean take the cat to the vet, check on his parent's cat across town since they are still out of town, get the title to my car transferred over, get insurance on my car and I am sure I am leaving something out. sounds like a lot of nothing huh?).
Excuse me while I go pry the cat off the back of a chair...more later.

0 comments: