The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

fake out.

Ok, so I am gonna blog after all...my shows are over and I am about to go to bed but I thought I would give you a preview of tomorrow. I am off work (frankly, this day off is hard earned, well deserved, and much needed. thank you Hobby Lobby.) and I have big plans. I am going to get up with Chad. Ha. Ok, here is how our mornings go...no matter what time he has to be at work, it is always earlier than me. Even though now they have gone back to their "winter" work schedule (where he only works an 8 hour day but he has to work Fridays again...bummer) and he gets up at 6:30 and leaves the house about 7:30...he still gets up before me. Now most mornings that I have to open I am atleast up and in the shower by 7:30 but I get that extra half hour of sleep.
Worth it.
Totally.
I should get up and hang out with him but he walks the dog, eats breakfast, etc...none of which I am really interested in watching him do.
I know.
I should.
But I don't. Sorry.
So anyway...he has this cute tradition (please, please don't tell him I told you!) that he comes and snuggles with me for like 3 minutes before he has to leave.
Yes, fully clothed. And I struggle to stay awake (but only so I can remember what he talks about later in case he asks but he usually doesn't talk because he thinks I am asleep).
Please insert a huge "Awww..." and a "gag me." here.
Thank you.
Now that we are back to reality...and I am getting up at 7:30 on my day off like a crazy person, after my morning snuggle with my sweet husband...
here is what I am going to do tomorrow...
1. Clean up my craft stuff in the dining room.
2. Clean up someone else's pile of crap...I mean, lovely belongings...in the dining room.
3. Work on a craft project that should take minutes but hopefully will satisfy my desire to cheaply redecorate for a while. A day. Or a minute. Maybe both. Hopefully longer but we can't always get what we want now can we...?
4. Go to the gym. I miss it. I can feel my muscles atrophying (is that a word Dani?). Oh good...I made up a medical term.
5. Cat to vet in the PM. She is still making gross coughing/hacking/gagging noises though (thankfully) I have seen no evidence of the results (which is actually more worrying. Hairballs are normal. Hacking with no results is not.)
6. Grocery store. Things are getting desperate in our fridge. And pantry. I could barely make a legit lunch for work today. And that's sad because my favorite food is peanut butter and crackers. And sliced cheese. But not together. Ew.
7. Hang said craft project. I will show you.
8. Put up pictures of before and after in dining room. I will show you the hidden wedding gift for Dani and Ryan. It is the part I made. The rest has to come in the mail. No, Dani you can't see it in the pictures. Just the edge of it. I think it is so darn weird and cool that I might make one for myself. It's edgy. Ok, not so much. But cute none-the-less. I just like to believe I'm edgy. Some days.

Don't you love my "To Do list" posts? They are my favorite.
Almost like you are holding me accountable for getting all that stuff done.
Ha!

Don't tell her I told you but my mom's birthday is tomorrow.
What did you just say?
Oh yeah...she is one of my three blog readers so she already knows I told you.
Darn it.
Well I called her today because I thought I forgot her birthday and I was in tears (because of that and other stuff but mostly that...).
She kindly informed me that it is tomorrow, not yesterday.
And I wasn't so upset.
Until she told me that my dad's birthday was yesterday.
And now I feel like a crappy daughter.
I can't ever keep those two straight...so
Happy Late Birthday Dad!
Happy Early Birthday Mom!
Sorry I am such a bad daughter!
I will make you handmade cards and send them in the mail.
You should frame them.
At Hobby Lobby.
Support my habit (no, not drugs...buying more craft stuff!).

Oh by the way, are you praying for J? Cause I am.

0 comments: