The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

a request.

I have two things I share with you, with the hopes that you will be in prayer for Chad and I today...you guys are part of our community and today, we need you. Chad would be super embarrassed that I am sharing it with you but he doesn't read my blog and doesn't have to know! :)
I will do mine first since it is quicker...I am a little stressed out about work today. I open up in the frame shop so at best, I will be by myself until 1pm when my "relief/help" comes in BUT she is the lead framer and called in sick yesterday. So, if she doesn't feel better today, I will be myself all day. Yikes...I am nervous. I know I can handle it but I have such a desire to NOT make mistakes or make customers unhappy that I am really nervous about not having backup for questions I don't know the answers to or things I don't know how to do.
Second, please, please be in prayer for Chad and his work situation. He believes that he has decent job security but he dislikes his job so much he has considered quitting. There is a lot riding on his job around here (our insurance being one of them) but I told him that I would support any decision he makes. He knows that it is nearly impossible to find employment in this current economy and if nothing else that will keep him where he is but I don't want him to come home so unhappy every day. We would be OK without that income but it would change a few things about our lifestyle and ability to save the money we have been able to save over the past year. I believe that daily happiness is more important than money in the bank (which won't be an issue, thankfully) but I also know that God puts us places where we aren't always comfortable for a reason. Please just pray that he will either stay where he is and find a little more happiness or that something else will turn up in all the jobs he has applied for recently. I know that we both desire God's will for our lives but sometimes that patiently waiting game is very frustrating, especially when we see friends graduating from college and immediately getting jobs they desire and enjoy...please pray that we will both be content with out current circumstances and listen to the heart of God to make changes.

0 comments: