The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, September 28, 2009

car-full.

It is going to be a good morning...got up at a decent hour, have a car-load-full of stuff to take to Goodwill from this house, going to the gym, then work at 1. Did I mention that we are cleaning out? We've lived here a year and are still cleaning out. I mean, someone else has to do most of the cleaning out but I can surely deliver stuff to goodwill! Most of this load is kitchen stuff. Since there are duplicates (triplicates? quadruplicates?) of most kitchen things - don't ask me how that happens - we've been able to clean out a lot of stuff and send it on. I have tried to be very careful to make sure we kept atleast some things because I know we won't always live in a kitchen that is fully stocked like this was when we moved in. Either way, I'm pleased as punch to not have that car-full of stuff still in the house.
Did I mention that I am going on another one of these crazy hiking trips with 7th graders again next week? I convinced my boss that I needed another week off to go "teach skillz" in the woods but in all honesty, it is more enjoyment than work. I mean, it IS hard work...hard hiking, hard questions for the kids, teaching/explaining things like 20 out of 24 hours during the day. But it is totally worth it. And I get paid to play in the woods. Please God, hold off on the rain for a few days. I can't hack being wet constantly...I have to start making my packing list. This trip is one day shorter than the April trip so that will be nice (meaning the hike is one day shorter but we still do ropes course, etc.) I think it will be fun...I also managed to get the Saturday before and the Saturday after the trip off. I will probably go down the Saturday before (this Saturday) and hopefully hang out with my parents and bff Jess for a while and then I will have the following Saturday off to recover and enjoy my Chad for a day.

0 comments: