The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

projects...updated.

I got a few projects done yesterday...mostly just running errands around town, bank, Lowe's, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc. Got all the errands done but very little done around the house. I did however, manage to spend over $20 on paint samples at Home Depot and tried the 6 of them on the wall in the office last night. And sadly, I don't love any of them. I am still torn between a pretty grey and a warm brown so I tried a few of both. I will take a picture and show you...if I remember. Of the three browns, one is far too dark (the tiny room will look like a prison instead of a warm inviting guest room), the middle one looks like poop (that's where the EW....comes in) and the last one is too orange (think more terra cotta than warm brown). I also tried 3 greys and I like those better than the browns so maybe grey is the way to go. Chad asked why I can't just use all three browns as accent colors to all three greys. I didn't bother explaining why 6 vastly different colors might give our guests a decor migraine....just not worth it.

It is freight day at the HobLob. Good thing I ordered on Monday and barely ordered enough to make it worth it...I mean, ordered correctly and we didn't need that much stuff! Hopefully it won't take me (I would say us...use it loosely) all day to unload and put out, like usual...

On a more serious note, I will be heading down to Columbus the first of next week. My dad is having a pace maker installed (sounds like he is a robot or something...is installed the right word here?) and I wouldn't miss being there. His surgery is Tuesday morning and I am coveting your prayers. Please, please pray for him. Pray that the doctors will have angelically guided hands, calm nerves, patience, and use their best skills (he deserves the best!). Pray that my dad will be calm, heal quickly, not rush going back to work and give himself time to get better. Pray for us as we sit and wait (the part that sucks). I know we will be surrounded by people who care about us but I am still concerned...

Update: I just got off the phone with my mom who said that dad's doctor moved his surgery up a day because he needs to go out of town later in the week. It is now Monday morning so I will be heading down to Columbus Sunday afternoon sometime...add safe traveling to your prayer list too please! My sister(s?) and I will be headed to Columbus to be together...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will absolutely be praying for you this weekend and following you around to be helpful in whatever way I can. Also, Christmas Made in the South is this weekend - do you want to go Sunday afternoon? I don't know what time you will be here so it may not be worth the admission price. Let me know.

~jg

Danielle said...

"installed"- no. haha... but thats ok. that does sound like a robot. most might say 'pace maker inserted' or a 'pace maker implanted' (which is weird to). i know its scary & nervous when its your family, but it is a veryyyy common procedure. things will go great. ill be thinking about ya and praying for you. (: