The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

another dollar.

Being back at Hobby Lobby wasn't fun.
Sorry HL...it just wasn't. Playing in the woods, hiking, being outside = much more fun that real work.
And my boss said when I got back yesterday "You had some personal time and I figured you would want to get some kind of a paycheck for last week so I went ahead and used your time up."
Ugh. That sucks.
I told him "thank you" but what I really meant was "I made more last week playing in the woods than I do in over two weeks working in this place so I would have rather kept my paid time off in case I need it for some reason because the money isn't an issue." I am pretty sure I would have told him if I wanted to use it...
But instead....I said thank you.
Bummer.
I was actually going to use some in November to go back to Columbus for a few days.
Hope I can still work that out.

Say a prayer for Chad this morning if he crosses your mind please...he is going back for yet another part of the city fire fighter's application process. He has passed every part so far (application, interview, physical evaluations, polygraph test...and now they have to "weed out" some more people so they are having another physical test. He isn't worried about the running part but he only got a few days notice to get ready for all the strength stuff so I think he is a little nervous (don't tell him I told you!). I think he is mostly just ready for the process to be over too so hopefully this will help make some decisions for us. We feel like we are in a place/position where every big decision hinges on another big decision so we can't really make a move of any kind. Looking at houses but we aren't sure where we will work, don't know where we will work so we don't want to commit to buying a house just yet, want to move but can't, want a different job but can't...it is a little frustrating.
We are believing that God does know what is best, what is going on, and is totally in control but sometimes it is hard to see the ultimate plan.

0 comments: