The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

dr. do little.

That's me...do little. I got up in plenty of time to fold the two loads of laundry this morning but I didn't do it. Instead I went to check and see if I had been accepted to the Chattanooga Freecycle and I am dying here...whoever is in charge of that thing needs to get on with it! I am aching to see all the cool stuff/junk that is available to crazies like me!
On another topic, I have been seeing people like my sister making the Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings and I decided that I just had to try them. They looked so easy and so good - and the instructions included a can of Mtn. Dew so how could they be bad?!?
And they were not.
After going to the grocery store specifically for the crecent rolls and Mtn. Dew and arriving home to discover that the butter I thought was in the freezer was in fact, not in the house at all. And a second trip to the grocery store yesterday (a well-needed, we spent $140 on NOTHING, trip), I finally got all of the ingredients, plus vanilla icecream to go on top (of course!).
They are divine. Try them.
Seriously.
SO incredibly easy and I guess the Mtn. Dew gives them a little more sugar and probably makes the dough fluffier (this is just a theory. Ask my other sister, the Chef.).
I get off work at 7 tonight - in time for dinner and two of our favorite shows on TV. An evening with my sweetie so don't expect to hear from me too much. I'm leaving in a few minutes (after a shower) to take Megan to meet her mom and pick up her new car. I guess she is pretty excited but if I was getting a new car today I would probably be out of bed by now...oh well.

0 comments: