The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

almost

I am - almost - on the road again. Woke up at my parents house this morning after taking about 7 hours to get back to Columbus yesterday. The trip to Atlanta was uneventful and I got to eat lunch with my Sis and Frannie (yummy Mexican food...El Torero!) but the second half of the trip was a big "ugh!". I got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic before I even made it to 285 south of Atlanta...they funnelled us down to one lane to go through a construction zone where absolutely no construction was taking place. I even took a picture of men standing around doing nothing, probably enjoying the 4 miles of traffic I just sat through. It only really added about 20 or 30 minutes to my trip but enough to be frustrating when you just want to get somewhere! I stopped at my bff's house and picked her up (surprise!) and then we ran to Walmart for some last minute supplies, got a movie from RedBox, and picked up Ok Sun's (even more yummy!). I guess I am preparing myself for a week in the woods by eating my favorite foods now!
Just got out of the shower, headed to church with my parents, and then up to camp after lunch. Say a prayer for us please as we prepare today for the kid's arrival tomorrow. There is a lot that has to be done and a lot that has to be talked about before they come so it will be a busy day (and the weather man is calling for rain for the next 3 days atleast. Less fun.)
Hopefully I can get Chad to update you guys...if he can figure out the blogger thing again. It's been a while since he used it...

0 comments: