The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, February 23, 2009

long un'

I am following Chad around the house and wondering why it smells like a campfire in my kitchen...oh right, its just my husband. Another (new) fire today. Same mountain, different place.

And then something funny happened...and this is how it went.

Chad narrates to me while in the shower, literally, while I sit on the (closed) toilet.

"You ever have one of those days when you go to work and leave half a day early and still manage to work a whole day? So I pull up to this fire, talking on three radio channels and my cell phone. I get out to help unload the dozer (bulldozer for you folks out there) and make sure everyone is out of the way, including some lady sherriff from Dade county who I had to repeatedly tell that there was a dozer coming her way.
I noticed that there were a whole bunch of people standing around who were not helping put out the fire so I decided that I needed to lock my truck. I went back and rolled up the window, locked the door and shut it. The only reason we are here is to pull out another dozer that is stuck and we are going to meet up with them. We stop at the top of a really freakin' steep hill and at one point I seem to remember that I can't find my keys or my chapstick. More so the chapstick than the keys.
We try to pull the dozer out and end up ripping the wench cable out of our dozer. I am chatting with my boss and said you need to get the keys out of my truck so we can fix the wench and about five minutes later he shows up. I am headed back to the truck to get some tools to put the wench back on and he hands me the keys as I am walking back to the truck and says 'I found these in a truck that was running' and it took me a minute to ponder because my boss is suspect of being a jerk *yes that's right Boss B, that is you* and I come to the realization that I didn't have my keys because they were still in the ignition of my truck, that was still on. And I couldn't hear my truck running because of all the other trucks that were on. Except that then they turned theirs off later, apparently. But hey, on the bright side of things, atleast my truck was still warm because it was pretty freakin' cold out there."

So basically, he locked his keys in his running state truck. And his boss caught it first. Fabulous.
But hey, atleast he thought it was funny, as I was told later by his boss.

and then he says "Oh yeah, and I went to the doctor today and they took four miles of blood."
Paula: "Four miles of blood?"
Chad: "Yeah, like thirty minutes later I look over and she is on her fourth vial. If I had known, I would have just gone to Blood Assurance (like the Red Cross) and said hey, while you are at it, save me out four vials"

A day in the life of stinky sweet.

0 comments: