The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Friday, February 20, 2009

and for today's magic...

I finished one of today's projects last night while sitting on the couch watching Bones and Burn Notice with Chad...

This is the chair that my grandfather made that I got a couple of weeks ago...he did it all by himself (I think it is called caning?).

This is the chair with the houndstooth cushion I made for it! And actually the cushion came out pretty good consider I literally had no clue what I was doing.

Made some little ties to keep it from sliding off the chair all the time.

This is a full-closeup view of my cushion..I am so proud!
As for the rest of today's projects, here goes, in no particular order of importance:
-make more fans and put them on the wall
-make a bracelet and earrings for a girl at work that needs a pick-me-up
-fold another two loads of clothes
-clean up our bedroom a bit (includes vaccuming up the houndstooth bits that are on the floor now)
-make a couple of curtain tie-backs for the chocolate brown curtains in our room out of this cute fabric that I have a remnant of.
-make cushions for outside chairs that don't exist yet (same fabric...very cute and retro! I will show you pics of that too)
Sounds like a project-y day and I love it....
Some friends of Chad's are in town tonight and celebrating their dad's birthday and asked us to join so we might hear from them and head out somewhere with them tonight.
Let you know how my projects go!







0 comments: