The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Chad's pick

I asked Chad what my blog topic for today should be and he made two suggestions....

"my truck" and
"where are the freakin' screws".

and then he said....wait, I got it...Cream Ale recipes.

Explain Please....ok.

1. He now drives a "company car" to work and back home again. It is actually a big pick up truck with the Tennssee Division of Forestry logo and the word "FIRE" in big red letters. I think he really likes his truck...I know our gas budget really likes it. I drive about 12 minutes or maybe seven miles one-way to work and he had to drive alteast 30 minutes one way. Now he gets to use someone else's vehicle and gas to get there and back. It's nice.

2. We finally bought two of the last three ceiling fans for the townhouse. One for our now guest bedroom and one for the office/2nd guest room. (Yes, we have four bedrooms and one is Jay's...more space than we know what to do with.). We had to buy a couple of extra, longer screws to mount them in the existing light fixture because the stock screws were a little short to meet up with the contractor's light mount. Chad has already put up three fans and so he pretty much had it down to an art but apparently I unknowingly hid the extra screws in our bag from Target (screws from Ace Hardware) and my phone was dead so he couldn't call me at work. My sweet husband says he spent "like three hours" looking for the screws today before he finally found them. He also claims both of the new fans would be installed had I not hidden the hardware...instead, now only one is hanging from the ceiling. Sorry dearest, I had no idea...

3. We are going to enter the Sam Adam's Longshot Contest for homebrewed beer. Chad wants to make a cream ale because that is the beer that his sister has requested and we sorta just want to hit two birds, as they say. The biggest catch of most beer contests is that they don't want you to really brew from an already established kit or recipe; they want you to come up with one of yours own. Now its your turn Adventurers...he wants suggestions for a recipe. I did, in fact, try to tell him that I have approximately three daily readers and none of them brew beer but he has big dreams for you all...
Correction...He just made me read him this paragraph and he says...(this is a direct quote) "No, I have faith, high hopes, big plans, plotting and scheming..."

This is what I get for letting him pick the topic for the day...
He finished with "Smile and wave, boys, smile and wave."

3 comments:

Danielle said...

well. i dont do beer. and i dont make beer. but if i did. and if i drank it. i would like some berries in it. any kind. a berry cream blend. sounds good doesn't it. mmmm.

ps. i might want some beer for pre wedding fun. (not so much the day of... but before indeed!)

and by "i want beer" I mean i want it for others to enjoy. ill drink my good old 'peach nehi's" ...unless you made a berry beer. i might like that.

Anonymous said...

What if you brewed it with something herby: rosemary or thyme? Or sage. There you go, Chad!

ozob said...

i hear the local bowling alley in c-town serves up your fav...should i check in with them for their recipe???