The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

trying...really.

Seriously, I think this might the last post about Chad's marathon.
But really, I am so proud of him I could probably talk about it for days...his physical strength and mental determination amaze me!
Here is my story for the day....I spent about 4 hours standing around, in different places, waiting for Chad to run by for 10 seconds.
I know, the exciting life of a marathon spouse.
At the very end of the race, Jay, Megan and I were standing there knowing he would come by any minute and could see to the other side of the block and would know when he was headed our way. We were just watching and cheering on other people as they ran by and I saw him round the corner so I headed down to take a picture as he crossed the finish line. It was pretty packed out down there but there was an older lady standing there with her camera just waiting...I tapped her on the shoulder and asked if she could see her runner yet and she said she couldn't. I nicely asked her if she minded if I stepped in front of her for a second to get a couple of pictures because my runner was about to cross the finish line....she said she didn't mind a bit and I got ready to take pictures. All of a sudden, there was this guy in a bright orange shirt in front of me blocking my view (he was the paid photographer and is in pretty much ALL of my pictures) and then another guy that was taking pictures but just looked like the rest of us. I was like....hey now, I want to take pictures of my husband. How rude! Well, as it turns out, the second photographer was the father of the guy that Chad knows who was running and finished just before Chad. His friend (Adam) told his dad what Chad looked like and when to be expecting him and went to get Chad a gatorade and water. What a nice guy! So, the dad actually took some pretty good pictures of Chad and had a better angle (more experience and a nicer camera too!) than I did so I am thankful! So, here are HIS pictures, that Adam sent me today.
Awesome!

Chad at the end with his race number...they give you an extra, framed copy of your race number to keep, along with a little medal. I told Chad that I am a framing snob now and I am going to probably reframe those in a shadow box for him...

Chad's friend Adam crossing the finish line...check out that time ladies and gentlemen! Congrats Adam for meeting your sub-4 hour goal!

This is Jay and Megan cheering as Chad is coming down the last stretch...Jay in orange sweater. He is looking at them/glaring at them...I'm not sure which.

Ok, I'm done for tonight...
Oh, execept for this detail..I am editing the pictures I took of my sweet neice and her family. I want to show you some of the cute ones but I need your permission to post pics of your family first Kayla. Is that ok? (I promise I will only post the ones where your son is picking his nose.)

1 comments:

Fletchymama said...

Go right ahead and post away. :)