The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

finish line!

He finished!
26.2 miles of endurance.
We saw him around mine 12 and a half and he looked good...laughing, joking, hiding behind another runner so I couldn't take pictures and then again at the finish line (where I did take pictures!).
He ran it in 4 hours and 21 minutes...pretty fabulous in my opinion.
I am loading pictures on the other computer so you'll see those soon but I just wanted to thank you now and let you know he's finished! He said he started hurting pretty bad around mile 17 but finished with still having done about a 10 minute mile average and that was his goal as he was training so I think he is pretty pleased with himself.
After limping into the house (literally), he is currently soaking in a hot bath to help with muscle soreness.
Thanks for your prayers and thoughts! A goal met and completed!

0 comments: