The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

plans change.

Sometimes our plans change and frankly, I don't always like it.
Don't get me wrong or misunderstand me here - I am so incredibly thankful that both Chad and I have jobs that not only allow us to pay our bills but leave some to spare for saving and giving to things we are passionate about.
But I really dislike it - no, hate it - when we have plans to do stuff together (fun stuff!) and he gets called out to a fire.
Welcome back to fire season in Tennessee folks!

Chad and I had plans for church, lunch (yes, Mexican food it was!), naps, trips to Goodwill and the recycling center, getting our Christmas tree, and putting up decorations. We got through the lunch part before the phone call came sending him to a possible fire up in Soddy Daisy. Yes, I said a possible fire. They called him away from me, on the only day I get to really hang out with him, for a possible fire.
Trust me when I say this - if I could get my hands (or even just my words) on the people that either irresponsibly (and illegally might I add!) burn brush creating forest fires or intentionally set fires for spite/fun - they would never, ever do it again.
Trust me.

So, I think I will load up the stuff that needs to go to the recycling center and Goodwill and make those runs by myself. Somehow I am just not in the right spirit to put up Christmas decorations any more.

0 comments: