The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

giving thanks and giving it away.

Oh I am so so so thankful...

for my family, my job, my life.
Every breath, I am thankful.
Every hug or kiss or laugh or tear, I am thankful.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving with the people you love.
Tell them you love them.
Hug them for me too.

And because I promised (and I am so thankful for cool blog readers like you!)...
drumroll please.....
my first giveaway!
I will let the random picker-outer-thingy choose a winner from everyone who comments...
to be entered, you just have to leave a comment on this post and tell me something you are thankful for.
or 100 things you are thankful for.
I'm not picky (but sorry, only one entry per person please - name them all in your one comment!).

Oh, what do you win? I know, it isn't going to be that exciting but I just thought leading up to Christmas and chilly weather that two nice sets of handmade (by me!) cherry pit pocket sized handwarmers would do perfectly! And since I am so crafty, I think I will just throw in this sparkly pair of earrings I made tonight while watching NCIS! The findings are all sterling so you won't have a problem with crazy ear stuff! The beads are Swarovski (is that how you spell that??) crystals in green, dark bronze, and a caramel tan. I think they are so pretty I might make myself a pair!

I think they would look perfect with cute fall colors or even Christmas stuff too! Or if you really liked someone, you might give them as a gift. Or keep them for yourself. Let's sum that up...that's two sets of 2 (total of 4!) pocket sized fleece hand warmers and a pair of earrings!

Be thankful to your heart's content!

I think that is what I would do...they are too cute (and sparkly...did I say that aleady?).

So yeah...I made everything I am giving away so I guess there really isn't any legal stuff to deal with. It's mine and I can give it away free if I want!

Oh yeah, I will take comments until Friday night at 8p.m. EST. I know we will all be busy the next few days so that should give you plenty of time to think of something you are thankful for!

6 comments:

Danielle Snider said...

im first. so i win. :) how about i say im thankful for yOU. and leave it at that... and well my blog has a thankful monday section... so that counts. im also thankful for blogger. a lot. ok. the end.
www.theadventuresofbort.blogspot.com

Fletchymama said...

Those are so pretty Paula! I'm thankful for God's amazing provision over my family this year. We've had the least of all the years we've been together, but I feel as though we've had the most because of how well God's provided for us. :)

Emily Geyer said...

I'm thankful for this blog contest that is forcing/encouraging me to articulate what I'm thankful for!
- a job (x2)
- my David
- a puppy who loves us even after we leave him in his cage for 9+ hrs a day. every day.
- Jesus' unfailing love- and the overwhelming realization this morning that he doesn't give up on me!

Adrian said...

You should have known that I would enter this contest... I love those earrings :)!!!!
I am thankful for a ton of stuff this year. The Lord has blessed me with a loving husband & 4 wonderful children. I have the worlds best parents & in-laws, hands down they are fantastic... they help me so much with the kids and I am so grateful for them. An amazing group of friends. A warm safe home and neighbors who are equally as warm and sweet. God is so good to us :)

FFluker said...

I am most thankful for my family. People I love being healthy and happy.

Francina said...

I didn't enter because I don't have a microwave for the pit packs and I have earrings very much like that, probably you made them. But I can be thankful! For my family, for my history, for the color pink, for macaroni and cheese and chocolate chips, but not together. For chickens and funny goats and happy kitties.