The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

sweet and crisp.

As I sit here, eating my cereal this morning, I just thought I would tell you about what my sweet Chad did for my birthday. As you might recall, I was actually in Columbus on my birthday this year and I didn't even get to see him. The day went past with barely an acknowledgement of its passing from him but he doesn't like his birthday so I don't exactly expect them to be a big deal. There was little mention of it for about a week and a half I believe until one day he was like "ok, get in the car, we are going to the tool store." Still confused, I went with him and he picked out a food dehydrator.
For me.
For my birthday.
I know, you are thinking it is a weird birthday gift.
And it is.
But I love it.
He is also buying me a pair of Carhartt overalls.
I know, also weird.
But practical and awesome! They are for when we go to the farm and trek about working in the briars...I mean, I can wear them whenever I want but they aren't the best fashion statement (yeah, since I care about fashion) and I don't think they are entirely appropriate for the HobLob.
So yes, we dehydrated apples yesterday.
I prefer my apples sweet and crisp. None of this sour or soft stuff.
Sweet and crisp they must be (fuji are my favorite, thanks Mom!)
But today, they are sweet and crisp in a whole different way.
Like, shriveled, sweet, and crisp.
And they are great!

2 comments:

BParrish said...

Even better sprinkled with a little cinnamon sugar before dehydrating!

Lettered Cottage said...

Mmmmm...I love dehydrated apples too! We used to make them when I was kid. Haven't thought about them in years! Thank you for bringing back those memories! :-)

Layla