The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Friday, July 31, 2009

rainy days

Oh how I love rainy days...we desperately needed it too so I am thrilled that it is raining.
In most retail stores, rain slows things down. I guess people don't want to get out in the rain for just regular shopping but oh no, not at Hobby Lobby. I think people are willing to brave the nasty weather to run out and get their craft projects so they will have something to do when they spend the rest of the day indoors. Now I am a big fan of craft projects - seriously - but I like it better when people play outdoors and the HobLob isn't such a crazy place!

Quiet morning...got up and went to the gym and came home in time to kiss Chad goodbye as he headed out to the pool. I tried to convince him that it wasn't just raining but was thundering also but he said he hadn't heard it (and I only heard it once...bummer). I just wanted him to stay home with me this morning. He is doing a recertification class for a couple of lifeguards and says they will get in the pool as long as it is only raining. Ugh...very cold water!
I have to close at the HL today so I will get off late after spending the morning home alone. I planned on getting a ton of stuff done yesterday on my day off but spent the whole day running Megan around town (her car is in the shop) so I didn't really get stuff done at the house. Its ok...people are more important than laundry. It just means I need to get some of it done before I leave for work today...cleaning up the kitchen and putting a load of clothes in before showering and going to work....
tomorrow, after I open at the HL, we are hanging out at home and then Sunday we are doing Megan's birthday with the family since the in-laws will be back from their trip to the Turks and Caicos (did I mention we got invited and didn't go?).

0 comments: