The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

whoops. and whoa.

Whoops - sorry, I know I promised to take pictures but we got so busy having fun that I sorta forgot. But we had a good time (atleast, I personally think we did!). My Mary Kay lady got here about 5 last night (after we took the jetski out on the very choppy lake. less fun that I had hoped for...) but she was wonderful. Always is! We did spa pedicures and she put marbles in our tubs so we could roll our warm, soaking feet around on them and it was fabulous - what a wonderful idea! I bought far too much stuff (don't tell Chad!) but got to use a little "hostess credit" towards some of it so it wasn't too bad.
The five ladies then went and ate at Amigo's and hung out for a bit before we came back home...
Jess and I stayed up talking until about 2am and I don't regret one moment of it. It was so nice to have someone to talk to - someone who probably knows me better than my husband - someone who is wise, understanding, kind, and gentle-hearted. She gives the best advice and humbly corrects where she knows there is hurt and misunderstanding. She is wonderful...when I think about not living in my home town there isn't too much I miss now, with the exception of her and my parents. Those three I miss the most.
We got up this morning and I made everyone pancakes and bacon and then my sister and Frannie headed out because my sis had to get back to work today. Jess and I went to Target and bought some super cute -whoa!- "unmentionables" for Danielle's shower...less than three weeks away!! They were so cute I even had to buy some for myself...wait...are they really for me or for him?
Both I guess.
Also got Wooby a collar - which she hates and is trying to take off. And a scratching post so she won't destroy furniture. Good luck.
Headed over to the other side of town to hang out with Chad and Paul for a bit. Haven't seen Chad since yesterday (when he was a little frustrated with trying to teach me how to back up a jetski and trailer...much harder than it looks, by the way.) so I am looking forward to seeing him. He (wisely) spent the night at his parents house so the ladies could have the rule of the roost...and he took Gwen with him. He doesn't know what a blessing that was!

0 comments: