The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

sunday sweets

Today we are having Megan's birthday lunch and I made and iced her cake last night...her red velvet cake is a little hot pink in color (I ran out of food coloring!) but here are pictures of the fabulous icing since it hasn't been cut yet for you to see the color.


Heart shaped pans were the only ones that I had three off and it makes three layers so a heart shaped cake is what she got...she said it was ok. Thought it would be funny...

I forgot that I took a picture before I iced them so here they are in all their glory. I guess it looks pretty red here but it just isn't nearly as dark as I thought it was supposed to be...but then I don't have a lot of experience with the red velvet cakes. I am a carrot cake kinda girl...speaking of carrot cake, this one has cream cheese icing. If nothing else, the icing is delicious...I licked the bowl last night.


So I am watching the cat and dog play and enjoying another rainy morning...even made some coffee to go with my CBS Sunday Morning tv program. I am the only one out of bed so far and the dog needs to go out but I am not taking myself out in the rain to do it...hopefully it will let up a bit in a few minutes and I can take her out and not get the both of us soaked!...ah wet dog smell.

Dani and Ryan's wedding is in two weeks...I pick up my dress from the alterations on Wednesday morning. All they had to do was shorten the straps so hopefully it fits perfectly. I have everything else I need for the wedding, I think...need to work on jewelry. Chad and I are taking a couple of days off before the wedding to go down for the pre-wedding fun (I am doing girly stuff and he is going hiking. perfection!). After the wedding, we are leaving the animals with my parents and going to the beach for a couple of days. I could NOT be more excited for a break...ocean, sand, no schedule, no jobs. It will be wonderfulness...we are sorta calling it our one year anniversay trip. Can you believe it has almost been a year since we got married?...wowza.

0 comments: