The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

oops.

Have you ever had one of those mornings where you mis-estimate how long it will take you to get ready or get confused and set your alarm way too early?
I have.
This morning.
I set my alarm for 6:45 knowing that I have to be at work at 9.
Uh. What was I thinking? I could probably get up at 8:00 and be at work on time (I usually leave about 30 minutes before I have to be there, not because it takes that long to actually get there but I like to give myself some leeway...)
So here I am...up.
Like a crazy fool.
I agreed to work a couple of hours today because another one of the supervisors had to unexpectedly go out of town for a death in the family...always a bad situation so I had no problem agreeing to cover her morning for her. Plus, not to sound selfish, but it means about 4 hours of overtime for me. My boss actually texted me about the time we closed last night and asked me if I would so I agreed to do it. I wouldn't have agreed if Chad wasn't going to be going to a swim team car wash fundraiser for most of the morning so I won't miss out on anything there.
This afternoon Chad has promised that he will go out on the jetski with me...he even volunteered! So we will probably spend the afternoon with his dad working on fixing a few things and riding around. Then he has also promised that we can spend some time together this weekend....just the two of us (cue:music). I can't wait...Oliva Garden and sangrias, here we come!

0 comments: