The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

a days day

Just did stuff around the house most of the day today.
I made a 5 minute microwave chocolate cake. Mom sent me the instructions in an email, that I am sure has been passed around the internet a billion times and has 40 viruses attached to it...but anyway, I opened it. Tried it. In a coffee mug (thoes are the instructions!!). It was not pleasant. Smelled fabulous cooking. Looked OK. Tasted...eh. The texture is what got me. Chewy? That should not be a word describing chocolate cake. Its one redeeming quality was how good it smelled.

I then started on various projects around the house. Cleaned out another kitchen cabinet and boxed up repeating items (shot glasses. seriously.), small coffee creamer pitchers (in multiples), wine glasses coming out our ears...made room for our new Rubbermaid! Organized and wonderfully within reach of the rest of the cooking area. Cleaned out half of the linen cabinet which is behind our closet door (which is, in turn, behind the bedroom door. Its a little odd). Made room for new towels! They look wonderful and fluffy...I almost hate to use them. But no. I did. I also steamed the new comforter to get out packaging wrinkles and realized that I will have to steam wrinkles out of the pillow shams and bed skirt too so they look more like the picture and less like we just threw them on there (oh my gosh....who am I?). .
Gwen his under the bed while I cleaned. She apparently didn't like it.
Chad just came in and saw the picture and said...Gwen wasn't hiding, she was caving. That my friends, is HIS dog.
We took Grandmother out to PF Chang's tonight for dinner. Actually, we ordered, loaded her up, picked it up and ate in the car. We would have just taken it to her but she wanted their crispy green beans and the theory was that they would be cold and not so crispy any more if we got them "to go" and drove them to her. I think she wanted to get out anyway...a change of scenery if nothing else!
Leaving Saturday to go to my cousin's wedding in Jekyll Island, Georgia. Hopefully. If Chad doesn't have to work.
I already started on my ideas for handmade projects for Christmas. Expect great things folks.

0 comments: