The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tengo dolor de cabeza (=I have a pain of head)

Not too much to say today. Blogging with a migrane so I turned the brightness on the computer down so low I can almost not see it (also probably not good due to eye strain but it was the least of the evils at the moment).


Friend's brother Josh is doing better. He blogged himself for the first time since the surgery today so that's a good sign! Keep praying for him!

Took our Gwendolen to the v-e-t (yes, we always spell it, just in case she figures it out) this morning at 7:30 and after successfully getting stuck in traffic (7 car accident. impressive. just bumpers though, nothing serious. people too busy to get to their cubicles I suppose) we arrived in panicky fashion to the v-e-t. She didn't want to be there. I didn't want to leave her. I almost cried. Seriously. I didn't even think I loved Stinky Sweet that much but aparently I do. Surgery successful. No puppies for us. (Thank you God!) She is obviously sore. Won't even follow her boy around the house. Just sits in one place and watches him by leaning left and right. Its cute. And sad. We did opt for the pain meds (a shot) post-op, as any good parents would do, so hopefully that will help for this first day.
I spent a few hours at Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond spending those wonderful gift cards. Whoohoo. Its like shopping and spending someone else's money. What could be better! Got a few things we still wanted off our registries so I am excited. Tomorrow I will be washing new towels and Rubbermaid things. Exciting.


I then spent another few hours "honey sitting" with Chad's Grandmother. (Jess' grandpa coined the term. "Babysitting" is just so wrong. He thought honey sitting was better. I agree.) Her sitters had a little gap today so I got to hang out with her for a while. She told me stories of Chad and her husband. Its awesome. I am glad that she still has stories to tell.

And sis, some people have better things to do than sit at home and read people's blogs all day, or blog themselves. I am not one of them. :) Sorry I missed a day. I know how you love to read about my thrilling life. (don't be mad about the pic...I couldn't resist.)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

you are not alone sis. on days im not working i sit around and hit refresh on the comp just waiting for someone to post something good.

maybe im lame.
or maybe i just like reading about people's lives.
maybe that makes me lame...

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I will pay you back for that picture.