The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Oh fan me.

A slow life to report on.
We did not go to my cousin's wedding in Jekyll. Chad has to stay in town Friday night to be on call for Halloween mischief fires but there we none and we decided that a seven hour drive to make it to a 2 pm wedding was a little more than we could do in one weekend. Hope it was wonderful Tom and enjoy it...flies by man.

Stayed home most of the day and hung out with my Chad and Gwen. Played our new Electronic Monopoly game. I think it is awesome. Mostly because I sunk Chad into deep bankruptcy. In this game, you play with only thousands and millions. When the game was over, Chad had negative money and I had 40 million dollars...that's right folks...40 million dollars. Woohoo.

We went to Home Depot and used our 10% off coupon to buy some ceiling fans. We are doing our best to cut our monthly bills and there is only one fan in this entire place. We know that it is an upfront investment but each fan will save us on our annual bills so that's awesome. We bought one for the living room, our bedroom, Jay's bedroom and now we are looking for the perfect one for the stair area to bring cool air up/down depending on the season. I am excited. I think It will look good and help out a lot. I guess I got spoiled because at my parent's house, there is basically a fan in every room. You don't realize what a big difference it makes! We're also going to invest in a programmable thermostat for both up and downstairs (seperate units) because we know that will make a difference too (our current thermostats have minds of their own. They do whatever they want, whenever they want).

Tuesday is election day people. If you haven't voted (my sister says she heard 38% of GA voters already have...yea us since I am still registered and ALREADY voted there!!), GO VOTE.
AND SOON.
The lines will be long for this historic election, no matter which way it swings. I won't tell you who I voted for but just that I did. The baseball stadium here in Chattanooga has had a sign posted that says "The country is run by people who show up. Go vote.".
I couldn't agree more.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke and I both voted! :) Makes an american proud. :)