The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

preparations

Quick blog before my day offically starts.

Chad's grandma isn't doing too well...hospice says that she won't really be coherent for much longer so he is staying in Chattanooga until Friday night or Saturday morning, hoping to spend a few more sweet moments with her before she gets to go home (which, heartbreakingly, she was requesting yesterday). We spent some time over there yesterday, hanging out, telling stories. She requested Zaxby's chicken salad, which of course, we quickly oblidged. She ate wonderfully, surprising us all.

Chad left early this morning to go do his "pack test" for work. He basically has to carry like 20 or 30 pounds in a pack and WALK a mile in 15 minutes or less. I know it doesn't sound that hard but an extra 30 pounds and not being allowed to jog at all is actually harder than it sounds. He always wishes his legs were a couple of inches longer and I try to explain that it wouldn't help him that much. He says he could jog it in no time at all, if they would just let him. Oh well...I am sitting here wishing him luck and sending him loving thoughts from across town.

I am headed to spend some quality time with my new mother in law. My new sister, Megan, got me a manicure for my recent birthday and I am going to get it with S today...hoping it will still look presentable on Saturday for the party (though, I have my doubts if mom has as much stuff planned for me as I think when I arrive in Columbus...housecleaning, powerwashing the porch, etc...cross your fingers).

The tables for the party will be delivered Friday (with table clothes...my dad thought of everything. Gotta love him.)

Country's BBQ is catering. Woo hoo. Sweet tea until I explode.

I was going home today but I won't be leaving until tomorrow to be with Chad a little more, in case his grandmothers health declines rapidly. He is so fiercely independent and pretends he doesn't need me but I know that he would want me here if something were to happen. So I will stay a little longer before I must go and start getting stuff ready in Columbus.


with unpainted fingernails, Paula

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already raised my hand and volunteered to power wash the porch for you guys. I'm bringing dirty clothes to do it in!

Danielle said...

i love you paula. keep me posted. sara and i will be in c-town tomorrow running errands and such. let us know if you need anything

PSIrwin said...

you gals are fabulous. can't wait to see you and i am SURE we can put you to work.
much love.