The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Monday, October 6, 2008

all in a days work



Home again, home again. Chad is playing Xbox which is friend Chad (yeah, I know, funny) was so kind as to let us babysit while he went a cruise with his family. So, since he is busy with a dumb video game, I will tell the story of "us" from the beginning since you heard the oh-so-romantic proposal story yesterday.


We both worked at the YMCA in my hometown my freshman year of college. I had worked there for a few months before he came along. They hired him as the lifeguard that came in after my shift early in the morning. I would work from like 6:30 to 8:00 in the morning then go to class. The lady at the desk (Ms. Anna!) was like, look at that cutie, they are going to hire him.

ooo...he is cute.

We were both dating other people and I guess trying to be friends all the while.
Two years later we were both single and still friends.
He never asked me to "be his girlfriend". We just weren't.
And then we were.

Four years,
many, many hours at the YMCA,
and one year of the long distance thing later...

we're finally married!


I know, it wasn't that exciting. But we sort of aren't either.
We're simple. And Happy.

He made dinner tonight.
and has spaghetti sauce on his shirt.

1 comments:

Danielle said...

ok. i love it.
keep writing.
reallllly.

and putting up pics. so funnY!
you kids are too cute.