The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

life things

I spent the day doing wifey things today.
Looking after a sick dog (can I just say EWW)...who seems to be feeling much better now. She's staying up late with me, blogging, digging toys out of her box and bringing them to me to play with.
Halfway cleaned out the island in the kitchen. Still can't figure out why anyone needs four of the same pot so now I am going through and packing the multiples of everything. You have no idea how much room is going to be left after this task. It's amazing.
Went to the bank. Took an application to Hobby Lobby (I would LOVE to work at a huge craft store. Never take home a paycheck but would love it!!)
Took flowers from the party to Chad's grandma and wore my party dress so she would feel like she was there, if only for a moment. She isn't well. I don't know how well or not well she is doing for sure..there is a difference of opinion in people who spend a lot of time with her and people who just see her once a day.
It makes me remember my Papa. I never got to really say goodbye. I think it is important to be able to say goodbye.
And I still miss him. I am sure I always will. I think of him constantly, wishing I could ask him a question or get his opinion. I wish he could have known Chad. He would have loved him - two gardening, outdoor-loving souls.

2 comments:

DAD 'B' said...

I am sure Chad would have loved him. About the mixer, possesssion is 9/10ths of the law.

Anonymous said...

Sister B is reading too. I have several my ownself...xanga.com/bparrish55