The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

little bit

Not too much to report...
but I am hoping that if I start off with that I will surprise myself and write a fabulous, interesting, hilarious blog post.
But seeing as how it is just 7:30 in the morning, I seriously doubt it.
Maybe long. But probably not fabulous.

Mom came in Friday night before I got off work and we hung out at the house for a bit. I was so excited about her coming that work seemed twice as long. We went to the HobLob on Saturday morning and got a few little things we needed to make my dress for Dani and Ryan's rehearsal dinner (like a zipper...important parts!) and immediately got started. We worked on it most of the morning (complicated pattern!!), did lunch with Dad B and Mom S, worked on it some more, went to the lake, didn't have any fun on the jetski (that's our storyline to my dad atleast...it was actually a nearly perfect jetsiing evening. Sun was setting over the lake, it was still plenty warm, there weren't too many boats out, water was calm. It was fun...I mean, no, it was lame.), then came home and discovered that the dress didn't fit. We probably cut out the wrong size for me, and the top was weird anyway so I just didn't fit right. I am sad, disappointed, and of course, feel like a fat cow because of it.
I'm sorry, was that too much honesty?
I told mom we had too much money and time invested in it to just scrap it now even though we were both pretty upset and frustrated but we cut off the bottom and we are making a skirt out of it. Just threw in some elastic and we will see what happens. She offered to go to Old Navy with me but I just ordered those blue jeans from the Gap and feel like I have already spent too much money on clothes for this month so I will just wear something I already own. I have a couple of linen dresses that would be plenty appropriate that are still pretty new so it will be fine...oh well.
I did however use my bread started and make dough last night. It is supposed to sit out all night (which is has now) then you are supposed to fom the loaves in the pans and let it sit out all day before you bake it.
Great googly moogly...this process takes forever. So, I am gonna bump that...make two loaves (which I will let sit out all day before I bake just to follow the directions) but this morning I am going to make cinnamon rolls with the other one third of it. Mom is still here to help and encourage so hopefully atleast one of our projects will turn out great...
I will probably still eat them even if they are nasty, unrisen, grossness.
Just for spite.
Good Sunday Morning!

By the way, I am so super excited about leaving town this week that my three days at Jobby Lobby will probably seem like the longest three days of my life.
I have already started making a packing list...I am so nervous about forgetting something.
I made the bridesmaid's jewelry this weekend...a pair of earrings and necklaces for all four girls (including myself). They don't have to wear them but it is just my little donation/blessing for the girls that are so important to Danielle...they are simple and pretty. The earrings are just one single green teardrop shaped stone and two tiny pearls on a little chain. The bracelets are a mix of the white and champagne colored pearls and one green drop too. I will show you pictures later....maybe after the wedding. (for which I am cleaning off my camera's memory card for...)

1 comments:

Danielle said...

oh my gosh- what a bummer about the dress! you should sport the skirt!! and a top!! reallly! its not a formal night AT ALL!! plus all that work. wearrrr itt!!!! and im pumped about thhe jewlery. you are so sweet do to that. so pumped infact i might ask you to make me a pair of simple. plain. but pearl. drop earrings. i dont have ANY!! haha... anyway. ill look for a pic and email you. LOVE YOU