The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

claudette the bummer.

There is this wonderful older lady who works at Hobby Lobby whose name is Claudette. She works full time in the fabric department and gives the best advice...she tells me how to read patterns, what fabric works best for what project, and is - in general - always appropriately impressed with my craft projects, telling me how talented and cute I am. She is lovely.

It is a shame that the Tropical Storm that was named after her had to ruin our beach vacation.

We aren't going to the beach.
Especially not camping at the beach.
During a tropical storm.
Did I mention we would be staying in a tent?
Yeah...how about...no.

Change of plans..equally as fun...minus the beach and pretty blue ocean (and now the windy and rainy part). We are going to spend the night in Atlanta, visit with my sister and some old friends, drive to Helen, GA tomorrow, do some tubing on the river, hike to Brasstown Bald (the highest point in GA...this means a hike straight up a mountain. Sounds like fun huh?), and stay at a state park up there still.
I am pretty bummed out. I had been seriously looking forward to a few days in Destin...gorgeous water, white sand, fresh seafood...I know there will be other trips but it has been two years since we have made it down to the coast.
Oh well...fun is what you make it and we are darn sure gonna have some fun.

0 comments: