The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I praise...

I praise the invention of...call ahead seating at your favorite eatery.
I loved the Olive Garden before tonight.
The portabello ravioli is to die for. Seriously.
There is nothing better than a glass of berry sangria and a dish of that creamy goodness (and I don't even like mushrooms.)
Except tonight.
Tonight was better.
Mom sent us a "Happy Anniversary" Olive Garden gift card. And somehow managed to make it arrive in the mail precisely on our anniversary. From the middle of the ocean (rememeber, they are on a cruise!).
So...I called ahead, just before we left the house. It took us about 15 minutes to get there and get in the building. We walked past about 20 people waiting for tables. Gave them our name (you know, the one I took when I got married a year ago today...just thought I would remind you.) Then we waited.
About 2 minutes for our table.
We had a fabulous waitress who understood the importance of quickness when it comes to portabello ravioli.
And someone else paid for most of our meal (nearly all of it, minus the tip which I had no problem forking over for the wonderfulness that was our trip to Olive Garden tonight.)
So, thank you Mom and Dad for dinner and blessing us (not just tonight but throughout our year of marriage).
And thank you Olive Garden. For call ahead seating. And berry sangria. And ravioli.
You are the best.

2 comments:

ozob said...

i have been trying to call your mom... didn't know she was away, away, AWAY... when will they return??? becky

PSIrwin said...

hi!
i have no idea when they are coming back...is that terrible of me?
they left on wednesday and i think it was a five day (five night?) cruise. so...today or tomorrow or...? Ok. I have no idea. Sorry!