The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

beauty-ful.

Chad and I are currently in Columbus after a late night of wedding partying and driving back to my parents house. Dani and Ryan's wedding was beautful - sweet and perfect. I think she got a wedding that was exactly what she wanted and I am so proud and honored to have been included and to stand by her side while she married Ryan. I am so thrilled for them. Marriage has been the best, craziest, most fun, challenging, wonderful, thing that I have ever done and I wish them even more joy than I have. We had a fun couple of days hanging out with Dani, just enjoying her company and helping her get ready for her special day. I met a lot of her family, Ryan's family, and college friends...it was fun to meet people that you have heard so much about but never been able to put a name with a face.
Lindsey -of Lindentree Photography - who took our beautiful engagement/post-wedding pictures - also took their wedding pictures and if the couple I saw on her camera are any indication of the rest of them Dani and Ryan will have wonderful momentos of their day. She took some really neat, fun pictures so I hope that Dani and Ryan will have a ton to choose from. She always makes the (mildly unpleasant) part of the process just a little more fun (come on...who likes to have their picture taken when they are sweating buckets in Georgia in mid-August?!). It doesn't seem to hurt that her two adorable kids were in the wedding as well - adding to cute picture fodder.
Chad and I are re-packing stuff and the car and heading to the beach this afternoon. The weather is looking a little rainy but we don't care! We are so excited for a couple of days off to just enjoy the sand/sun/water, good food, some board games, and spending quality time together. Don't expect to hear from us for a few days!
And by the way, I didn't really take any pictures this weekend. You can check other people's facebook for all the details! :)

1 comments:

jlindsey said...

I really enjoyed hanging out with you this past weekend! It was good to see you two!!