The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

nothing

I tried to come up with something funny and foolsy to tell you guys...
a pregnancy April fools joke is lame. Everyone does that.
Moving? That's mean.
Getting another dog? That's just plain NOT funny.
So I guess I will leave it to nothing...just a Happy April Fools folks.

Do me a favor and jump on over to my friend Danielle's page. She is still in Guatemala with Living Water International and needs our prayers. Her mom is using her comments on her last blog (a schedule of what they will be doing every day) as sort of a prayer journal for all of us. Please, even though you don't know her, scoot over there and lift up a quick prayer for her health and safety and that of the rest of her team. She sent her family and friends an email yesterday or this morning (I got it this morning) that said she had been pretty sick but was feeling better (ah - the joy of strange bacteria in foreign countries - I have my fair share of THOSE stories) but in more pleasant news, the drillers had hit water! They are putting in a well and the pipes have been laid and fresh water is on its way to a village that desperately needs it!

On a more entertaining note, at work yesterday, we had about 6 items left in the 90% off home accents stuff. Our boss was in a really good mood and about 7:30 last night, let us sell those items for $1. Yes, folks, that is one dollar. A couple of them were custom frames, one even worth over $500 bucks! We were going to trash them anyway so it was fun as well as serving the purpose of getting rid of some stuff. I bought a big black picture frame for a buck and I am going to hang it, empty, on the wall and then hang stuff in it. Maybe more paper fans somewhere else. I will show you when it gets done. Fun!

0 comments: