The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

fun

Fun times yesterday...the trip to Western Carolina was a good one. It takes about three hours but it doesn't seem like a bad trip...goes by really fast. From here, you drive up past the Ocoee River and yes, there were crazy people rafting in their dry suits yesterday. Rafting, kayaking and losing their minds. Nuts! Then you drive up the Nantahala and again, crazies. Actually, that was the craziest part of the trip. Chad and I got behind a guy that was very intoxicated. Swerving off the right hand side of the road nearly hitting the rock wall, driving in the left hand lane, barely missing parked cars, pedestrians, road signs...I finally called and reported them and about 10 minutes later (and lots of gasps and prayers by us!), we got out of the hills and there were three cops at the bottom of the hill. It looked like the truck was going to turn left so we pulled over and I walked up to the cop and told him that we had been following that guy and he was soooo drunk. He said "that's just who I am looking for". I thought I was going to have to tell him that he was going to have to chase him down a little two lane highway but I turned around and the guy had just parked himself in the median, right next to the cops. Thank God that he didn't get the chance to do any real damage...so that is our crazy story for the weekend.

Megan did great (in our opinion...but she didn't think she did that great!). I took a lot of pictures so hopefully she will have something to remember her years of pole vaulting by.

Today we are gonna go to church with Jay this morning and then hang out all day. Grab some lunch, take Gwen on a walk, chill out. I hope to get a craft project done (a purse for someone else) so maybe I will have more hours in my day than I actally do!

0 comments: