The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

victory dance!

The want us! They really want us!
Our taxes were submitted and accepted this time around!
Its awesome. Chad was already preparing them to send out on paper and I am thrilled that I don't have to worry about all that now. I do however have to run to the post office to send in my GA taxes that were a but more complicated (and it wasn't free to file those guys online so we just did it on paper).

My gym buddy got sick this morning and I decided that a better use of my time would be to stay home and get organized for my trip (that I leave for tomorrow...have I packed or prepared the first thing? Nope!). I am also thinking about making a batch of cookies and taking them up to Chad at work since I won't see him for a week. A peace offering of sorts.

So my plan for this morning:
1. Eat breakfast.
2. Do another load of laundry (with important things like socks and my favorite underwear!)
3. Make cookies
4. Lay out all my gear on the bed so I know exactly what I need to take
5. Restock my first aid kit (to include plenty of headache meds...I got one of the worst migraines I have ever had while Chad and I were hiking once. We didn't have any thing but apsrin and that didn't do a thing for my headache so we almost hiked out in the middle of the night, it was that bad.)
6. Take a shower.
7. Vaccum in the bedroom (maybe it will stay clean till I come home...doubtful. But a girl can always dream!)
8. Get ready for work.
9. Drive cookies up to the forest (this plan is looking worse and worse...I don't think I will have time for this part but I can try!)
10. Go to the HobLob for the last time until my week of freedom (this is where the dancing comes in!).

Keep saying prayers for us as we lead and guide starting this Saturday when the (freaked out) kids arrive at camp. We are also looking at some rainy weather for our hike so if you could make a special request to the WeatherMan (a.k.a. God) that it rains at night, that would be awesome! :)

0 comments: