The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

can't help it

I wanted to keep the Sunday cooking surprise a surprise until Sunday but I am too proud of myself to wait any longer. Its really ok though because only like 2 people who read this will actually see these guys in person. In true Bakerella style (but please, if you love me, don't look at hers first!!), I make Spring Chicken cake pops!

You start with all this (and a little more you can't see!)


Make balls o'cake. Put some sticks in them. And do a little decorating.

And this is what you get! Notice my model in the background holding it to get the light just right! Mmm...he's cuter than the chick.

Admittedly, it was much harder than I thought it was going to be to get smooth cake balls and smooth candy coating.



Here is my flock, ready to travel. I bought a basket and some styrofoam and easter grass (my mom will love that part!) to stick them in to look even cuter. I'll take pictures of the finished basket on Sunday!

I had some extra candy so I made some of these guys to go in the basket with the chickens, just to dress it up a bit!

Fun times. I was pretty proud of myself and she has these cake pop designs for all seasons so expect another gaggle for each holiday!

3 comments:

Sis said...

Too, too cute. Almost as cute at the REAL THING.

Danielle said...

woooow. impressive indeed.

Emily Geyer said...

HOW did you get your candy coating so smooth?? I need lessons! They are ADORABLE!