The Adventures of Stinky Sweet:

Sometimes stinky. Sometimes sweet. But it's our life - and it is always good.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

picture free

We got up this morning for the sunrise service on the pedestrian bridge that goes across the river downtown and I could not be more thrilled that I got out of bed for it...I was about to say...hey, let's just sleep another two hours instead but we got to see the most beautiful sunrise across the river. A beautiful reminder that HE rose and the world gets to rejoice. It looked like the angels were gonna come out of the clouds this morning!

Then we ate some breakfast and headed down to Atlanta for some good food and fellowship with both sides of MY family (yep, it is mine and Chad's now so our two sides came together for lunch and it was awesome.) Fun times.

But why no pictures of these good times you ask?
I packed my camera bag, carefully putting it in the car this morning.
I failed to check and see if my camera was actually in the camera bag.
It was not.
The zoom lens was.
No camera.
Here it sits, beside my laptop.
I'm a doofus.

Chad and I just got home and bottled a batch of beer. This one is for Megan's graduation party so we wanted to get it just right. We actually ran out of bottles so we are going to have to break down and buy some to be able to bottle the next batch which is not far from needing to be carbonated and bottled.

7AM is gonna come early when I've already promised to meet my workout buddy at the YMCA so I gotta run.

I leave Thursday for my week-long backpacking, hiking, teaching 7th graders to love the earth and each other trip so - please - start saying prayers for me now! I am starting to get a little nervous, as I always do before this sorta stuff. I am not so much worried about the trip itself (the guy that leads them, F, is a fabulous organizer, leader, outdoorsman, and teacher so that's the easy part!) but being gone from Chad a week is gonna sorta suck and I am always a little apprehensive about who my team mates will be and how well we will work together for our trip to be successful. It isn't necessarily a "God based" trip - more a "team building" thing for the 7th graders but for me personally, it is always a spiritual experience to be in His creation for a solid week, sleeping under the stars, learning about myself and teaching these kids to respect each other and the earth. So, say a little prayer for endurance (physical and emotional - we hike about 21 miles in 4 days), patience, strength, wisdom, and humor (sometimes that's the best thing to get through the things we teach them and learn together!).

0 comments: